Southern California Gas Company
Energy Savings Assistance Program
For any suspected gas emergency, or questions regarding a gas odor or carbon monoxide, please call us immediately at 1-800-427-2200.
Click on links on below for more information on related topics.
SCAM ALERT !
Southern California Gas Company (SoCalGas®) is committed to the safety of its customers, employees and the communities it serves. That is why we encourage our customers to be vigilant and question anyone who presents themselves in person or over the telephone as a representative of SoCalGas.
Information on staying safe and avoiding becoming a victim of fraudulent activity:
BEWARE OF UTILITY IMPOSTERS
Tips to Avoid Becoming a Victim of Utility Imposters
- Southern California Gas Co. (SoCalGas) encourages customers to be vigilant and question anyone who presents themselves as a representative of the utility.
- SoCalGas workers who perform in-home appliance services, work on gas meters or work on gas pipeline wear uniforms. However, some other employees do not. Always ask for identification before allowing someone inside the home.
- The majority of our authorized SoCalGas employees will always be in uniform with our company logo, carry an official employee badge, and most of the time drive a company car.
- Most of the time a SoCalGas employee visits in response to a service request. If no one scheduled an appointment, call SoCalGas before allowing anyone inside the home.
- To verify the authenticity of anyone claiming to be a representative of SoCalGas, customers are encouraged to ask for proper identification or call headquarters at 1-800-427-2200 (or 1-800-342-4545 in Spanish) during normal business hours. SoCalGas customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Visit our Safety section for more information on staying safe.
Southern California Gas Company (SoCalGas) is upgrading the residential and most business natural gas meters by adding an Advanced Meter communications device. As a result, the will be able to you more insight into your usage with new online tools.
Mobilehome Park Utility Upgrade Program
The Mobilehome Park Utility Upgrade is a statewide initiative to enhance public safety and service reliability by replacing aging energy systems.
Click here to learn more
Call 811 Before You Dig. It's Free
Pipelines may be located anywhere, including under streets, sidewalks and private property, sometimes just inches below the surface. Excavation, planting, demolition and other forms of digging are a major cause of pipeline damage. That’s why it is important to know where they are before you begin any type of digging.
Whether you’re planning to build a major development or just landscaping your yard, protect your safety and the safety of those around you by calling Underground Service Alert at 811, at least two business days prior to excavating. You may call Underground Service Alert between 6:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m., Monday through Friday (excluding holidays). Underground Service Alert will coordinate with Southern California Gas Company (SoCalGas) and other utility owners in the area to mark the locations of buried utility-owned lines. This is a FREE service and it can help prevent injury, costly property damage and loss of utility service.