To contest a parking citation, a request for an Administrative Review must be made in writing within 21 days of the issuance date or within 14 days of the mailing of the Notice of Delinquent Violation. If you fail to do so, you lose your ability to contest the citation, and all applicable late fees will be added to your citation balance.
To initiate the "Administrative Review" process:
- Submit in writing, the reason you feel your citation was issued in error.
- Include copies of any documentation to support your claim.
- Send a copy of your citation or reminder notice, your full name, and your correct mailing address.
Send your request within the time requirements to:
City of South El Monte
c/o Parking Citation Service Center
P.O. Box 11923
Santa Ana, CA 92711
- Visit www.paymycite.com/selmonte
- Submit your citation number or notice of delinquent reference number and your license plate number.
*No late fees will be added to your citation during the appeal process.
The outcome of Administrative Review will be mailed to the person contesting the citation by the Parking Citation Service Center.
Individuals who wish to dispute the initial determination by the Parking Enforcement Department may request an Administrative Hearing by mail or in person. The hearing shall be heard before an Administrative Hearing Officer. The Officer shall have the authority to uphold the citation, dismiss the citation, or reduce the citation to a warning.
For additional information, on contesting a citation or requesting an Administrative Hearing, please call 1-866-450-2528.