The City of South El Monte has three standing commissions: Community Services, Patriotic, and Planning. Each commission consists of residents appointed by the City Council to serve a term of one year.
City Commission Agendas/Minutes
*The City of South El Monte is currently accepting applications for all City Commissions. The deadline to submit an application is January 7, 2019. For application or additional information click here.
- Commissioners are appointed by the City Council when vacancies occur.
- Commissioners serve a term of one year.
- Nominees for the Commissions are obtained from the applications on file at City Hall.
- Elected officials and employees of the City of South El Monte are not eligible to serve on any commission.
- Planning Commissioners may not serve on more than one commission at the same time. Commissioners from the Community Services and Patriotic are exempted.
- Compensation for the following commissions are issued: Community Services ($100), Patriotic ($100), and Planning ($150), each month in which each commissioner attends at least one meeting.
Additional City Commission Items: