The City of South El Monte’s Program “SEM Star Award” recognizes city employees who perform beyond our citizens’ expectations and meet the highest standards of service to the community.
- Nominations may be made by any member of the public, City Council or fellow City employees.
- Employees may be nominated for innovation, customer service, efficiency, respect, team work, dependability, etc.
- All nominations must be submitted for consideration at least two weeks in advance of the next quarterly presentation meeting.
- City Council meeting presentation dates: April 23, 2019 for 1st Quarter, July 23, 2019 for 2nd Quarter, and December 10, 2019 for end of the Year Awards.
- Employees may not nominate themselves.
- Selection of the Top Quarterly Employees and "Employee of the Year Shinning SEM Star Award," will be decided by designated committee.
- Top five (5) nominated Employees will be awarded a certificate of recognition at the quarterly City Council Meeting. The top Quarterly Employee selected by the Committee will be awarded a plaque.
- All top Quarterly Employees will qualify for the annual "Employee of the Year Shinning SEM Star Award" who will receive City Council recognition.