|Description of Project: The City of South El Monte will be constructing a series of sidewalk and ADA ramps improvements, which will include the installation of sidewalks and ADA ramps, replacement of damaged sidewalks, reconstruction of driveway apron, and other safety enhancements.
The following streets have been designated for sidewalk enhancements:
- Alpaca St. (between Strozier Ave. to Central Ave. on the south side parkway)
- El Poche St. (between Strozier Ave. to the end of cul-de-sac on the northside parkway
- Continental Ave., Klingerman St., Santa Anita Ave., and Elliott Ave.; streets neigboring Miramonte School.
These streets were selected to improve or provide pedestrian safety measures, near elementary schools, for students who walk to and from school.
Construction Dates & Times: May 1, 2017 through June 9, 2017 / 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Funding Source: Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program
Project Contact Information:
- City's Engineering Department- Arjan Idnani (626) 579-6540 Ext 3203
- Contractor's Contact List (EC Construction)
- James Bleecker (626) 705-0923
- John Walters (626) 705-2129
- Gus Freeman (626) 705-2128