The City of South El Monte has three standing commissions: Community Services, Patriotic, and Planning. Each commission consists of residents appointed by the City Council to serve a term of one year.
City Commission Agendas/Minutes
- Commissioners are appointed by the City Council when vacancies occur.
- Commissioners serve a term of one year.
- Nominees for the Commissions are obtained from the applications on file at City Hall.
- Elected officials and employees of the City of South El Monte are not eligible to serve on any commission.
- Planning Commissioners may not serve on more than one commission at the same time. Commissioners from the Community Services and Patriotic are exempted.
- Compensation for the following commissions are issued: Community Services ($100) and Planning ($150), each month in which each commissioner attends at least one meeting. Individuals who serve on the Patriotic Commission receive no compensation.
Additional City Commission Items: